July 29th, 2009
The great thing about being a girl is that there are parts of the body that are beautiful on every woman. Every woman has beautiful shoulders and every woman (save cankles victims) has beautiful ankles. Show off your ankles with sandals that attract attention to them. Check out these shoes from Kate Spade, on sale at Zappos.
June 10th, 2009
As our running partner (and teacher friend) parted ways with us this morning, and as we watched her run of into the wild blue yonder that is her summer vacation, it was difficult to not feel a pang of jealousy. However, envy does no one any good. Plus, it ages you. So we’ve decided to come up with a list of ways to do summer: 9 to 5 style.
1. Wear opened, toed, highly inappropriate sandals to work. Es fiiine.
2. Go blonde.
3. Enjoy a little sunset happy hour with friends and coworkers. Margaritas on the deck! (easy recipe here).
4. Eat your lunch outside – you aren’t that busy!
5. Wear bright colors and lots of dresses.
6. Take a vaca – even if you are super busy – summer just isn’t summer without sinking your toes into the sand.
May 14th, 2009
Reader EmEmLi wants to know, “elaney, what do you think about the gladiator sandal?” Well, perhaps its our penchant for a little chunky gold jewelry (you can take a girl out of South Georgia, but you can’t take the South Georgia out of the girl), but we love some clunky, hardware infused gladiator sandals. Check out these great ones from Tahari! And for many, many more – check out this selection at PiperLime.com. So, what exactly do we think about gladiators, EmEmLi? We say, “When it comes to gladiator sandals, ‘I am Spartacus!’”
May 20th, 2008
Like cute flats? Even though we approve of the TB sandal (but are “flat” over it), you may still want to branch out. Looking for an alternate? Try these DVF Molto Love Knot sandals.