June 10th, 2009
As our running partner (and teacher friend) parted ways with us this morning, and as we watched her run of into the wild blue yonder that is her summer vacation, it was difficult to not feel a pang of jealousy. However, envy does no one any good. Plus, it ages you. So we’ve decided to come up with a list of ways to do summer: 9 to 5 style.
1. Wear opened, toed, highly inappropriate sandals to work. Es fiiine.
2. Go blonde.
3. Enjoy a little sunset happy hour with friends and coworkers. Margaritas on the deck! (easy recipe here).
4. Eat your lunch outside – you aren’t that busy!
5. Wear bright colors and lots of dresses.
6. Take a vaca – even if you are super busy – summer just isn’t summer without sinking your toes into the sand.