August 15th, 2010
1. Public libraries
2. Gogo Inflight Wireless
3. 25 calorie Nestle’s hot chocolate
4. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Conditioner
5. The movie Bride Wars (critically – sure, it wasn’t great but Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 9%! And…it was kind of good…)
6. The movies Two Days in Paris and Savages (commercially)
7. emum’s sense of humor
8. TLC, the tv channel (Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta- don’t mind if “I do”)
9. Luke Wilson’s looks
10. Frozen grapes
11. Vinho Verde
12. CO in the summer!
What else you got?
**Per above picture, things that are seriously overrated: the blackberry camera
September 22nd, 2009
Here’s a list from thefrisky.com about chivalrous moves that “creep” women out. It was also on the Bert Show, but huh? This list is busted up. (SIDEBAR: does calling something street terms like “busted up” creep guys out?)
3 and 7 are fiiiiine!! 1 can be cute. If 5 didn’t happen – dealbreaker. 2 got lame in 8th grade. and did 4 and 6 ever happen?? What do you think? This list is busted up!
1 . Ordering my meal for me. This has always struck me as bizarro, because chances are you don’t know what I want. The only time this is cool is if I have no idea how to pronounce something and you do.
2. Letting me win at a game of Scrabble/pool/bowling when you are clearly better. No fun! Please give it your best shot. I want the satisfaction of really beating you.
3. Pulling out my chair. Someone told me this tradition started when women wore loads of crinolines and, thus, scooting in your chair was difficult. That’s no longer the case. It just makes me nervous that you won’t push it in at the right moment and I’ll land on the ground with a thud.
4. Carrying my purse. Yeah, it’s heavy, but I’m pretty used to it at this point. You carrying it just looks funny. I have enough of a hard time with murses.
5. Asking my dad for my hand in marriage. So outdated. Pops just shouldn’t be involved in our relationship. No one should know you want to marry them before they do.
6. If you’re paying for dinner, not letting me put in for tip. Or get a round of drinks after. If I offer, it’s because I want to. I swear.
7. Helping me put me coat on. This is sweet, but it’s always awkward because my hand misses the sleeve or gets stuck somewhere in there. It’s easier to just do it on my own.