April 18th, 2011
Hey Lady G, What’s up? Can’t wait to meet you tonight. Do me a favor and wear your meat suit. I think it’s really funny. You can recognize me because I’ll be the preppiest person in the audience, but I will go to Party City 30 minutes before the concert so I look like one of your “Little Monsters.” See ya soon! Love, elaney
February 25th, 2011
Thank you for your patience while we were on our sabbatical to find our internet personality. Many of you know that the sabbatical was provoked by a fear that we were putting a little too much out there into cyberspace (a few to many instances of “ooh nice to meet you…I think I’ve read your blog. Do you ever get embarrassed…what do guys think about it…??”). After much consideration (and aided by new music from Cee Lo Green, Avril Lavigne, and Lady Gaga), we’ve decided, you know what – we don’t really care. Plus, the damage is probably already done. And we missed you!!
So, let’s spare ourselves the tearful reunion and get back to business. Two months until Lady Gaga comes to Atlanta. She tells us that we’re “Born This Way,” and we’re pretty sure that emum would say that the image of the boots purchased for said concert are not what she had in mind during childbirth. But since we’re all celebrating Lady Gaga and new beginnings, let’s get real about April 18th at the Gwinnett Center. What song are you (or would you) be the most excited to hear?? xoxo, elaney
May 18th, 2010
Love it or hate it? We’re sorry, but Lady Gaga’s new song is just no “Poker Face.” And we wish that it was…especially on the eve of our Latin travels. We’re cooking Mexican lasagna and spending all our travel budget on tropical temperate attire…but “Alejandro” is just not caliente enough for us.
It’s not horrible…just not the Gaga we’ve come to love. What do you think?
March 12th, 2010
Little Lady Gaga on a rainy Friday? Yes please!
Okay readers…love it or hate it?
February 10th, 2010
Jeggings, we’ve decided…we want your love. We want your ugly. We want your (fashion) disease. We want your everything. As long as it’s free (emum?). A nice girl at Anthro recommended these jeans-leggings two weeks ago, and while it was sort of fun to prance around in the dressing room in them, we just couldn’t pull the trigger. 1) you have to feel gooooood about yo body to wear these and 2) they are pretty ridiculous. However, Kell on Earth was talking about them this week (don’t think anyone who has seen Kell on Earth is going to wonder what elaneymedia.com might think about Bravo’s new wonder), so…done. You can’t be in your twenties forever. Why not? What do you think about jeggings? Do you want their ugly or do you think they’ll lead to a Bad Romance?
January 6th, 2010
And…it’s here! The post you’ve all been anxiously awaiting and emailing about (especially you Readers K-Mart Krieg and CharMar), the annual new year new you work out mix (and here and here). This year, you’ve requested the hottest of the Top 40, and you know we can rattle them off. The best according to elaney:
- “Tik Tok” – Ke$ha (with lines like “Wake Up in the Morning Feelin’ Like P.Diddy, she makes white girls proud…”umtalkinbout” this song is ammmmmazing!!!)
- “Replay” – Iyaz
- “Give It Up to Me” – Shakira (like we said, “Whenever, Whereever” she comes out with another song that sounds like all her other songs, we will listen)
- “Meet Me Halfway” – Black Eyed Peas (this song kind of makes you want to stomp around)
- “Empire State of Mind” – Jay Z (you may have to love NYC for this song to “inspire you,” but if you get it, es goo)
- “That’s Not My Name” – The Ting Tings (we know we should be tired of this by now, but we’re not!)
- “Bad Romance” – Lady Gaga (she can’t miss – and we’re trying to keep this list current, but feel free to add “Just Dance,” “Poker Face,” “Paparazzi,” and Disco Stick)
- “Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart” – Alicia Keys (little 80′s beat gets us every time)
- “3″ – Britney Spears (don’t want to be disloyal to the girl who taught us to love pop, but this one made it on by the skin of it’s teeth)