January 17th, 2011
Okay, I’ve clearly decided that elaney is not going away. While I was in PR with Readers Melby, Ellie, and Edykes, sunning myself on the oceanic trench located on the boundary between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean (obviously had to wiki that), I realized that it’s just too fun. So greetings from our trip and expect elaney to return with a new look and feel in the next few weeks.
January 12th, 2011
Sigh, I miss the days of making mixes all the time. SB’99! Christmas ’03! My-friend-came-over-and-we-spent-2-hours-making-a-mix-for-our-hall-at-homecoming-mix mix! So, while I am on a “sabbatical” (and again dangerously close to a facebook status updating issue), I just couldn’t run off to Puerto Rico without leaving you a little something to talk about for the weekend.
Yesterday, during Atlanta Snow Day #2, Reader Melby and I got into a heated conversation about Girl Talk. She likes them. I hate them. The music makes my head hurt. ”So what do you run to?” she asks. Well…here is what I ran to (illegally in the only workout room walking distance away) today:
ps. yes, I am a little embarrassed at the number of “Explicit” downloads, but if you downloaded “I’m in Love with a Stripper” and ended up with “I’m in Love with a Dancer,” you’d be a little more bold about the Explicit version too.
January 9th, 2011
January 5th, 2011
Lately I’ve noticed that I’ve been doing a few things out of the ordinary. And while I cannot confirm that these have to do with the end of elaney, I cannot deny it either.
1. I’ve found myself writing facebook status updates, staring at them in the text box, and deleting.
2. I’ve been texting witty group texts almost everyday to my friends from college (who, incidentally, don’t respond and really don’t think I’m funny anymore).
3. I’ve had an overwhelming urge to hear easy listening, slightly mournful music on repeat. Today’s playlist:
“Damn, I wish I was your lover” – Sophie B. Hawkins
“Eternal Flame” – The Bangles
“I’ll Stand By You” – The Pretenders
“All Out of Love, So Lost Without You” – Air Supply
January 3rd, 2011
1. THE BACHELOR PREMIERE!!!!!! It is KILLING me not getting to enjoy this season of the Bachelor with you! ESPECIALLY because Brad Womack was my favorite Bachelor (talk Southern to me, Brad). And OMG – I never thought I would ever say that I’d be okay with a crucifix across a man’s back, but Brad, your sweet pontificating about counseling is just going straight to my heart!
2. I think gyms need to institute a Platinum Status (like airlines) for people that work out all year. You people better back up off my spin bike or (as Taylor from RH of BH would say) I’m gon whip out some [South Georgia] on your [tush].
3. New Years’ Resolutions. Mine are paint my own nails, give away more money and time, and write in my journal everyday.
Miss you Readers! Also, side note, if I don’t start writing elaney again, I’m going to have a serious facebook status-ing problem on my hands.